Writing Fast, Robust Multi-threaded Applications with C++0x
- Computing Techniques Seminars
- Experiences with Computing
- Re-Thinking Information Technologies and Services at National Laboratories
- Writing Fast, Robust Multi-threaded Applications with C++0x
- C++: New and Improved!
- Building web based database driven applications and user interfaces with web2py
|Full Title:||Writing Fast, Robust Multi-threaded Applications with C++0x|
|Date & Time:||21 May 2009 at 11:00|
|Event Location:||FCC1 Conference Room|
|Event Info:||Speaker: Pete Becker
Date: Thursday, May 21, 2009
Time: 11:00 AM
Location: Feynman Computing Center, FCC1 Conference Room Abstract: The next C++ standard will, at last, provide support for multi-threaded programming. The result will be a torrent of applications that give wrong answers, run slowly, or crash because their developers didn't understand how to write multi-threaded code that works. This talk will help you write fast, robust multi-threaded programs, by providing an overview of the new C++ features that support multi-threading with emphasis on how to use them correctly and how to avoid the new dangers that they present. It will urge a conservative design philosophy that avoids cutting edge technology, with its associated complexity, in order to promote correctness.